Fill a box with family memories.
What You Need:
- 3 different kinds of papers, such as corrugated, art, and wrapping papers (available at art and crafts stores)
- Adhesive spray (available at art and crafts stores)
- 7-1/2 x 11-1/2-inch photo box
- Crafts glue
- 1/2 yard of desired ribbon
- Round-head paper fasteners (available at discount and office supply stores)
- 5 x 7-inch photo mat
- Four #10 washers (available at hardware stores)
1. Cover box with paper. Cut two strips of paper, each measuring 5 x 19-1/2 inches, to cover the sides of the box. Spray the back of one strip with adhesive. Line the paper up with the top edge and one corner of the box and wrap the paper around one side and end. Fold the excess paper to the underside. Repeat with the second strip to cover the remaining side and end. If necessary, use glue to secure the edges.
2. Cover lid with paper. Cut contrasting paper 3/4 inch larger all around than the top. Spray the back of the paper with adhesive and center over the lid top. Fold the excess over the edge. From paper to be used on the rim, cut a 6 x 8-inch rectangle and glue to the center top of lid. Cut ribbon in half and glue one strip across each end of the paper, gluing the ends over the edge.
3. Cover rim of lid. Cut a paper strip (we used corrugated paper) the circumference of the lid plus 1/4 inch. Equally space and attach paper fasteners around the strip (eight on each side and five on each end). Apply crafts glue to the rim and wrap paper strip around rim. Overlap the extra 1/4 inch around a corner.
4. Make photo mat for lid. Using an awl, punch a hole in each corner of the mat. Slip a washer over the ends of a paper fastener and slip through the hole, securing the ends of fastener to the back. Center and glue the edges of the photograph to the back of the mat. Glue the mat to the top of the paper-covered lid.